Monday, June 13, 2005

Winding Down the Weekend

Well, for J, Saturday was the weekend. But, for me, it included Sunday as well. I had fried chicken, a green salad, & my grandmom's fabulous potato salad (I think the trick is using mustard & celery seeds) for lunch out there. We watched squirrels, chipmunks, a groundhog, and all kinds of birds. There were some little woodpeckers, blue jays, cardinals, finches, and I even got to see my first indigo bunting. It was a stunningly gorgeous blue.

When I knew J was returning home from work, I headed home, too. We drove around some more looking for the bikes, then stopped in the local Mexican restaurant for a drink. Unfortunately, they have no Sunday license, so no daiquiri for me, no cerveza for J. We got Coke & iced tea, along with a snack that turned out to be dinner. We split a changa & a cheese quesadilla. Neither of us had ever had a changa, but it was delicious.

The kids took the news of their stolen bikes remarkably well, thank goodness. No tears or rage, just some laughter about how dumb the thieves were to risk stealing bikes from a garage with a car in it in the middle of the day. I sure hope they get caught, though.

Pie & J sprawled on the couch together to watch cartoons (Teen Titans & Juniper Lee) while Boot chose to watch in his room. I set up the laptop in the living room & did an outline for a cookbook I just got the idea for. I think it's going to be really good...and even has a decent chance of publication once I finish it. I am going to start today after I finish polishing my review.

No comments: