Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Recipes for My Favorite California Restauranteur

You asked for it, you got it:

Hamburger Gravy
2 lbs. hamburger
1/2 c. flour
3-4 c. milk, depending on desired consistency
1 small onion, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. dry mustard (optional)
Garlic powder to taste

Brown burger in skillet. Add onion & cook until translucent. Mix flour into meat & cook 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups of milk & all seasonings. Simmer, adding more milk as needed. Cook to desired consistency. Adjust seasonings, if needed. My wife likes this best over mashed potatoes, with corn to mix in. It's also good on egg noodles or rice.

Buffalo Chicken Macaroni Salad
1/2 c. reduced-fat ranch dressing
1/4 c. lowfat mayo
1 tsp. hot sauce (more, if you're like me)
1/4 tsp. paprika
8 oz. diced, cooked chicken
1/2 c. chopped celery
2 c. cold, cooked macaroni
1 c. diced tomatoes

Mix the first 4. Add the rest. Chill 30 minutes before serving.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

God love you--I think the boys will love the hamburger gravy. I'm the only buffalo chicken person in the house, and I do like it spicy.

Tell your Mrs. to stop ignoring her gallbladder. I ignored mine for a long, long time and ended up in the hospital for a week because of complications.

Unknown said...

Ooops, P.S.--I just tagged you for a meme.