Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Boys Return

I spent much of yesterday dreading 6 o'clock when the boys would be home. I was worried about Boot's mood & not wanting a nastygram from their father. I did go take lunch to J, hummus sandwiches, and sat & talked with her a bit in her office. I also took a piece of cake to the accountant, who was having a rough day. The afternoon was spent running errands & getting my hair cut. Oh, I started listening to The Bee Season by Myla Goldberg in the car...it's great so far! The boys arrived at 6, with J coming home shortly after. She took Boot out to get some jeans for school & khakis for his Diversion hearing. I cooked. Every time I passed Pie's bedroom, he said, "Hello!" & told me he loved me. Reassuring.

We ate roasted chicken (it turned out perfectly...I had rubbed it with kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and herbes de provence), mashed potatoes, corn, and salad. The tomatoes J cut up for the salad were incredibly gorgeous, a lush, juicy red. The contrast with the green of the romaine was stunning. I mixed up some balsamic vinaigrette for it. Pie ate & Boot sat with us. After dinner, Boot brought us the dread letter & went upstairs. It was nasty, indeed, and quite threatening. But, that is his thing & not ours. We are doing nothing wrong in the way we're rearing the children, so I don't fear him. I find him annoying when we are forced to take notice of him, but largely inconsequential in my daily life. I pray that someday he can release his bitterness and allow Spirit to bring him happiness. Hey, anything is possible.

After we tidied up, we went to bed & had our candles & incense time. Then, I read Naomi Wolf to J & petted her to sleep.

No comments: