Mary, of one of my favorite blogs (www.explosive.net/shade-n-froyduh), tagged me for a meme asking me to name 5 idiosyncrasies. Like Mary, I could list scads. Here are the five I've chosen:
1. I walk about the house closing cabinet & closet doors, as well as drawers, after everyone. It drives me crazy when they are left standing wide open. Even simply ajar is too open for me. My wife, on the other hand, almost always just leaves the door standing wide open after pulling out a glass. She is better with drawers, however. I also like to have the entertainment center doors open flush with the cabinet, rather than only partially open, while we are watching t.v.
2. I love the time 11:11 & always make a wish if I happen to notice the clock on that time. I will also wish on 10:10, 12:12, 9:09, etc. But, 11:11 is the best.
3. There is a series of farms on a nearby road. One farm has a German Shepherd, a duck on the pond, and pigs. I always look for these animals. If I spot all of them, I feel like it's good luck. Two other farms have cows & horses. If I don't spot ANY animals out on a given day, I am extra cautious. Crazy, perhaps, but I did get inspired to write a children's book about the farm.
4. Every night before I go to sleep, I write down 10 things I am grateful for that day. I think it brings more good things to me when I appreciate the good things I have. Also, if I can't find at least 10 things to be grateful for each day, I am being an unappreciative sod. If I were God, I would be annoyed with me. I find that I am in better spirits when I do this practice. I have been doing it almost 10 years & find that I am much more happy & content than I was. Of course, that's not the only reason, but it really helps my attitude.
5. I frequently wear my tiara or a feather boa about. I mean, to places like the grocery store or library. I find it improves my mood & makes people smile.
Okay, who shall I tag? How about...